- You must live or work in the Campville Fire District;
- You must be 16 years or older (under 18 requires approval of parent or guardian);
- You must agree to a background and arson history check;
- You must have a medical exam
- You must submit an application to the fire company.
- The Board of Directors will meet with you and review the company by-laws with you.
- The Executive Committee will vote on your application and forward this on to the Town of Owego Fire District Board of Commissioners.
- Your application will be presented to the Commissioners at their next monthly meeting (2nd Monday of each month).
- Your name will be submitted to the Sheriff's Department for a background check. Note: New York State Law prohibits anyone convicted of arson from being a member of a fire company.
- Once the Executive Committee votes, the Commissioners vote, and the background check comes back clean, the Chief will notify you of your acceptance as a probationary member into the department.
Contact us today for additional information about joining our fire department